Posted 9.6.22 in General
ASP has made it into the NJBIZ Top 250 Private Companies for 2022! We are very proud of this accomplishment and a huge thank you to our staff that made this possible!
Posted 9.2.22 in General
ASP’s office will be closed Monday, September 5th to observe Labor Day. We hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!
Photo Credits: Veteran.com
Posted 8.30.22 in General
At ASP we encourage a sustainable lifestyle everyday! One way we do this is to encourage our employees to invest in an electric vehicle. ASP offers employees who have an electric car to charge their vehicles at the office! Pictured are some of the ASP tesla charging stations!
Posted 8.16.22 in General
With the end of summer approaching, we wanted to take some time and thank all of our summer interns for their hard work!! We had the pleasure of working with Nicholas Lambert, Nolan Cremi, Joe Sernas, Matthew Schaeffer, and Nicholas Hufford. We hope you had a great experience at ASP and good luck with your fall semester!
If you are interested in an internship with us, head over to our contact form!
Posted 8.12.22 in General
During the year everyone should always be cautious of the harmful effects the suns UV rays can have on the body. However, we need to be especially cautious in the summer months. Some ways the FDA recommends reducing your risks of damage are below:
1. Limiting your time in the sun, especially between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. This is when the suns UV rays are the strongest.
2. Even on cloudy days the FDA recommends that you use broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher.
3. There is no sunscreen that completely blocks UV radiation. So, to ensure you stay safe other protections are needed. Some examples are staying in the shade, wearing a hat, etc.
If you would like to learn more ways to protect yourself, please use the link provided. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/tips-stay-safe-sun-sunscreen-sunglasses
Posted 8.10.22 in General
On July 25th, a new incentive for residents of New Jersey who have a drivers license, was put in place to help you buy an electric car. The incentive program will give a payment of up to $4,000 to reduce the price of an electric vehicle and $250 to help pay for an at-home charging station.
If you would like to learn more, follow the link below to the article. https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/08/nj-is-offering-up-to-4k-to-help-you-to-buy-an-electric-car-heres-what-you-need-to-know.html
Posted 8.1.22 in General
We are currently hiring for the following position: Electrical Engineer
Complete the design and engineering of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with all relevant codes, specifications and standards. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
– Complete AC and DC design of photovoltaic systems including interconnection with utility in accordance with the National Electric Code, and all other applicable federal, state and local codes.
– Specify all AC and DC electrical equipment for both low and medium voltage interconnections, including AC combiners, transformers, switchgear etc.
– Perform load flow, short circuit and coordination and arc flash studies.
– Design data acquisition system and performance monitoring for a PV system.
– Provide engineering support during permitting and construction of a project and provide field engineering and assistance to construction management as necessary.
– Provide engineering support to business development team on initial site-walks and for creation of proposals and bid documents.
– Develop and support the implementation of relay and utility telemetry settings.
– Stay up-to-date with latest research and development in solar technology, specifically for all new relevant product development.
– Attend meetings with 3rd party reviewers, clients and the Authorities-Having-Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
– Review technical portions of bid documents and provide pricing to the business development team during bid process.
– Conduct equipment evaluation and assist with development of bill-of-materials with the procurement team.
– Preform site visits with electrical subcontractors to create designs (identify key issues, site logistics, conductor routings, electrical equipment placement, electrical room layouts and roof audits, etc.)
– BS in Electrical Engineering.
– Two (2) years of experience in the electrical power industry.
– Strong understanding of basic Electrical Engineering principles such as power flow, fault analysis, transformers, operation of electrical equipment such as relays, fuses and circuit breakers.
– Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
– Strong multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Willingness to travel as needed.
– Be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment with multiple deliverables.
– Experienced with electrical design and drafting using AutoCAD.
– BS/MS in Electrical Power Engineering.
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience with low voltage & medium-voltage electrical equipment and PV systems.
– Experience using ETAP/ SKM software for power system modeling to conduct short circuit current calculations, arc analysis, coordination studies, etc.
– Experience with SEL relays
ASP offers competitive comprehensive benefits (medical, dental and vision) along with paid holidays/vacation/personal time. We also offer a 401k plan with Company matching.
About Advanced Solar Products
Advanced Solar Products, Inc., established in 1991, is a premier engineering/construction company in the field of solar energy and related sustainable technologies. ASP is among the oldest and largest installers of solar power systems in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Advanced Solar Products is an innovative and successful company in a fast-growing industry. Its advocacy has been instrumental in the formation of New Jersey’s renewable energy program and making the state a leader in the nation in solar energy development. The company is dedicated to the mission of building a sustainable future. We employ people who are passionate about carrying on this mission and wish to work in a supportive, collaborative atmosphere.
Advanced Solar Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,250.00 to $95,000 per year, depending on experience.
Posted 7.22.22 in General
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities reported that New Jersey has installed more than 4 GW of solar power. According to the BPU this is enough to provide electricity to over 500,000 New Jersey households annually. This is a great accomplishment for New Jersey and the solar industry! If you would like to learn more, follow the link below.
Posted 7.1.22 in General
ASP’s office will be closed on Monday, July 4th to observe Independence Day. We want to wish everyone a safe and healthy holiday weekend!
Posted 6.17.22 in General
Today we are highlighting one of our recent interns Nolan Cremi! Nolan started his internship with us in May with the Business Development and Engineering Department. Nolan has been a huge help to the ASP team, and we are very thankful that he is going to be spending his summer with us! Below is a brief message from Nolan about his experience with ASP so far!
“My experience at ASP has been great so far! I received a warm welcome from the members of the ASP team. Through working on different projects, I have learned immensely about engineering, business, and how the two disciplines relate. Both the technical and soft skills I am building at ASP will be invaluable through my career. I am looking forward to learning more in the coming months of my internship and am thankful for this opportunity!”
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with ASP, you can contact us through our website contact form.