Posted 8.10.22 in General
On July 25th, a new incentive for residents of New Jersey who have a drivers license, was put in place to help you buy an electric car. The incentive program will give a payment of up to $4,000 to reduce the price of an electric vehicle and $250 to help pay for an at-home charging station.
If you would like to learn more, follow the link below to the article. https://www.nj.com/politics/2022/08/nj-is-offering-up-to-4k-to-help-you-to-buy-an-electric-car-heres-what-you-need-to-know.html
Posted 8.1.22 in General
We are currently hiring for the following position: Electrical Engineer
Complete the design and engineering of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with all relevant codes, specifications and standards. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
– Complete AC and DC design of photovoltaic systems including interconnection with utility in accordance with the National Electric Code, and all other applicable federal, state and local codes.
– Specify all AC and DC electrical equipment for both low and medium voltage interconnections, including AC combiners, transformers, switchgear etc.
– Perform load flow, short circuit and coordination and arc flash studies.
– Design data acquisition system and performance monitoring for a PV system.
– Provide engineering support during permitting and construction of a project and provide field engineering and assistance to construction management as necessary.
– Provide engineering support to business development team on initial site-walks and for creation of proposals and bid documents.
– Develop and support the implementation of relay and utility telemetry settings.
– Stay up-to-date with latest research and development in solar technology, specifically for all new relevant product development.
– Attend meetings with 3rd party reviewers, clients and the Authorities-Having-Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
– Review technical portions of bid documents and provide pricing to the business development team during bid process.
– Conduct equipment evaluation and assist with development of bill-of-materials with the procurement team.
– Preform site visits with electrical subcontractors to create designs (identify key issues, site logistics, conductor routings, electrical equipment placement, electrical room layouts and roof audits, etc.)
– BS in Electrical Engineering.
– Two (2) years of experience in the electrical power industry.
– Strong understanding of basic Electrical Engineering principles such as power flow, fault analysis, transformers, operation of electrical equipment such as relays, fuses and circuit breakers.
– Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
– Strong multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Willingness to travel as needed.
– Be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment with multiple deliverables.
– Experienced with electrical design and drafting using AutoCAD.
– BS/MS in Electrical Power Engineering.
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience with low voltage & medium-voltage electrical equipment and PV systems.
– Experience using ETAP/ SKM software for power system modeling to conduct short circuit current calculations, arc analysis, coordination studies, etc.
– Experience with SEL relays
ASP offers competitive comprehensive benefits (medical, dental and vision) along with paid holidays/vacation/personal time. We also offer a 401k plan with Company matching.
About Advanced Solar Products
Advanced Solar Products, Inc., established in 1991, is a premier engineering/construction company in the field of solar energy and related sustainable technologies. ASP is among the oldest and largest installers of solar power systems in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Advanced Solar Products is an innovative and successful company in a fast-growing industry. Its advocacy has been instrumental in the formation of New Jersey’s renewable energy program and making the state a leader in the nation in solar energy development. The company is dedicated to the mission of building a sustainable future. We employ people who are passionate about carrying on this mission and wish to work in a supportive, collaborative atmosphere.
Advanced Solar Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,250.00 to $95,000 per year, depending on experience.
Posted 7.22.22 in General
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities reported that New Jersey has installed more than 4 GW of solar power. According to the BPU this is enough to provide electricity to over 500,000 New Jersey households annually. This is a great accomplishment for New Jersey and the solar industry! If you would like to learn more, follow the link below.
Posted 7.1.22 in General
ASP’s office will be closed on Monday, July 4th to observe Independence Day. We want to wish everyone a safe and healthy holiday weekend!
Posted 6.17.22 in General
Today we are highlighting one of our recent interns Nolan Cremi! Nolan started his internship with us in May with the Business Development and Engineering Department. Nolan has been a huge help to the ASP team, and we are very thankful that he is going to be spending his summer with us! Below is a brief message from Nolan about his experience with ASP so far!
“My experience at ASP has been great so far! I received a warm welcome from the members of the ASP team. Through working on different projects, I have learned immensely about engineering, business, and how the two disciplines relate. Both the technical and soft skills I am building at ASP will be invaluable through my career. I am looking forward to learning more in the coming months of my internship and am thankful for this opportunity!”
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with ASP, you can contact us through our website contact form.
Posted 6.10.22 in General
During the summertime, the heat can be hard to beat, especially for those who must work outside. We wanted to give a reminder of some of the ways you can avoid the risk of heat-related illnesses.
1. Make sure to stay hydrated and drink lots of water
2. Take multiple breaks even when it doesn’t feel necessary
3. Choose light weight and loose-fitting clothing
4. Try to limit the outdoor exposure to in the morning and at night when it tends to be cooler
5. Know the signs and symptoms of heated-related illness as seen in the photo
Posted 6.3.22 in General
As the days start to get warmer, we wanted to share a few helpful ways to keep your electricity bills down while keeping your house cool!
1. Utilize your ceiling fans and other fans to better circulate the air
2. At night open the windows and let the cooler nighttime air cool down the house
3. Close the doors to rooms you don’t use frequently to limit the area your central air needs to cool the house
4. Unplug devices you aren’t using at the moment
5. During the day close the blinds or curtains to keep your rooms shaded and cooled
Posted 6.1.22 in General
Did you know the U.S. throws away enough plastic bottles in a week to circle the Earth 5 times! Try switching to reusable water bottles the next time you need a drink on the go!
Posted 5.27.22 in General
ASP’s office will be closed on Monday, May 30th to observe Memorial Day. Have a safe and healthy holiday weekend!
Photo Credit: Veteran.com
Posted 5.20.22 in General
Today we are highlighting one of our recent interns Konnor Getz! Konnor started his internship with us in January of 2022 with the Engineering Department. Konnor was a huge help to the ASP team, and we are very thankful for his time! Below is a brief message from Konnor about his experience with ASP!
“During my time at ASP, I have gained a great understanding of what it is like to be a part of an engineering team. Even though I did not have much experience coming into the position, I was greeted by a welcoming and helpful team that would always assist me if needed. While interning for four months, I was able to work on various projects alongside professional engineers. Additionally, I was given time to work on my own project – an AutoCAD tool that will help the engineering team on their future projects. I think that my time interning at ASP has helped me become even more excited about pursuing my degree in Mechanical Engineering and I am very thankful I got the opportunity to work for such a great company.”
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with ASP, you can contact us through our website: http://www.advancedsolarproducts.com/contact/