Join our team!
Posted 8.1.22 in General
We are currently hiring for the following position: Electrical Engineer
Complete the design and engineering of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with all relevant codes, specifications and standards. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
– Complete AC and DC design of photovoltaic systems including interconnection with utility in accordance with the National Electric Code, and all other applicable federal, state and local codes.
– Specify all AC and DC electrical equipment for both low and medium voltage interconnections, including AC combiners, transformers, switchgear etc.
– Perform load flow, short circuit and coordination and arc flash studies.
– Design data acquisition system and performance monitoring for a PV system.
– Provide engineering support during permitting and construction of a project and provide field engineering and assistance to construction management as necessary.
– Provide engineering support to business development team on initial site-walks and for creation of proposals and bid documents.
– Develop and support the implementation of relay and utility telemetry settings.
– Stay up-to-date with latest research and development in solar technology, specifically for all new relevant product development.
– Attend meetings with 3rd party reviewers, clients and the Authorities-Having-Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
– Review technical portions of bid documents and provide pricing to the business development team during bid process.
– Conduct equipment evaluation and assist with development of bill-of-materials with the procurement team.
– Preform site visits with electrical subcontractors to create designs (identify key issues, site logistics, conductor routings, electrical equipment placement, electrical room layouts and roof audits, etc.)
– BS in Electrical Engineering.
– Two (2) years of experience in the electrical power industry.
– Strong understanding of basic Electrical Engineering principles such as power flow, fault analysis, transformers, operation of electrical equipment such as relays, fuses and circuit breakers.
– Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
– Strong multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Willingness to travel as needed.
– Be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment with multiple deliverables.
– Experienced with electrical design and drafting using AutoCAD.
– BS/MS in Electrical Power Engineering.
– Minimum three (3) years of work experience with low voltage & medium-voltage electrical equipment and PV systems.
– Experience using ETAP/ SKM software for power system modeling to conduct short circuit current calculations, arc analysis, coordination studies, etc.
– Experience with SEL relays
ASP offers competitive comprehensive benefits (medical, dental and vision) along with paid holidays/vacation/personal time. We also offer a 401k plan with Company matching.
About Advanced Solar Products
Advanced Solar Products, Inc., established in 1991, is a premier engineering/construction company in the field of solar energy and related sustainable technologies. ASP is among the oldest and largest installers of solar power systems in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Advanced Solar Products is an innovative and successful company in a fast-growing industry. Its advocacy has been instrumental in the formation of New Jersey’s renewable energy program and making the state a leader in the nation in solar energy development. The company is dedicated to the mission of building a sustainable future. We employ people who are passionate about carrying on this mission and wish to work in a supportive, collaborative atmosphere.
Advanced Solar Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,250.00 to $95,000 per year, depending on experience.